Tuesday, January 05, 2010

Christmas Eve Festivities 2009

We held our 3rd annual Christmas in Washington on Dec 24th instead of the Saturday before Christmas because of the blizzard. First up: Botanical Gardens train and tree display.
My Dad and Andrew.
There was a tunnel with little windows looking into tiny rooms all decked out in miniature Christmas scenes. Will loved it. He also insisted on wearing pjs that day instead of clothing because he had received so many compliments while wearing it to a nighttime Christmas party.

The pond in front of the Gardens was totally frozen, so the first thing we did when we parked was go sliding around. The kids loved it.
We maintained the Christas Eve tradition of going out to eat ethnic food (tends to be less busy), but broke with the Indian place that gave a few of us food poisoning last year. Kazan was ok, but I think I will find another restaurant for next year. Will insisted on sitting on Nana's lap for the duration of the meal, so we failed to get a family photo.
After the Botanical Gardens, we headed to the National Gallery because I mistakenly thought there was a Christmas card display there. It was at the portrait museum. So we just saw the Virgin and Child paintings that are always there. The place was beautifully decorated, too. And this was actually a spontaneous hug.

5 comments:

Michelle said...

love it love it love it. seriously, I love you guys. By the way, you're gorgeous

Carolina said...

That hug is the most adorable thing I've seen today.

Katie Cannon said...

I love your blog and am jealous that you were able to attend the Christmas festivities in D.C. you all look so very cute and happy. I'm glad you guys had a wonderful Christmas! Love you all!

Momo Cannon said...

What a fun family tradition. I am jealous that your Mom and Dad get to do fun things with Andrew and Will. They are so cute!

Erin said...

Love all the pics and way to get out and experience DC during such a beautiful time of the year!

To answer your question, I am not exactly sure about the swiss chard but I want to say yes. I should use it more but I always opt for the kale. I think the key to a good quiche is always adding sauteed onion. This really helps with the flavor. Enjoy! (You will love the "easy oil pie crust," it is super fast and healthy.